Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Challenge - July 2006

In May, Reading Words put out a Challenge to the attendees to write something starting with only A,B, or C. Many people accepted so we again threw down the gauntlet and below was July's Challenge.

Quote:

Well, this month, your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to write using only the 92 words from this:

The house has long since stilled with sleep but I remain, hunkered in my pool of light. The humidity and buzzing drone of mosquitos and fans are my only live companions. And the night. The night whose candle shines through the window, burning up with every word. Just a little bit more, I tell myself, I'm almost finished. My weary eyes tear up and stab pain in revenge when I force them to focus on the tiny revolving hands of my watch. 2: 30a.m. Just a little bit more, I'm almost finished.

The rules are: Use only the words from the text and only the number of times they appear--thus you get only one "drone." You don't have to use all the words. And, you can add three words of your own choosing. You can write poetry or a short short story or surprise us with an abstractoid explosion. Or, whatever.

Show us how many ways there are to reword 92 words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home