Monday, June 11, 2007

READING WORDS - MAY 20TH, 2007

For the last few weeks, I have felt terribly wobbley. I think it's because of my leg. I'm sure it's coming loose again. I get that way, you know? It wasn't like I was that expensive to begin with. But I don't think I was assembled shoddily. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that. Pete followed the directions, step by step and I think he even bought a real screw driver just to put me together. He didn't just try to use his keys for me, which I saw him do with the towel holder. And, I appreciate that. I'm not complaining, but my leg is loose again, and so I'm wobbley. The cat doesn't help. When Pete is gone to work, the cat claws my loose leg. He thinks it's his or something. Varmit! And, the more he claws, the more it loosens. Pete doesn't see it. I mean he pays attention and sees the scratches, but he doesn't see how much leverage a cat the size of Gangsta Bangbang exerts when clawing. I mean, my joints aren't expensive joints, and that's why Pete doesn't put his feet up on me even when I sense he's tired or drunk. He's careful like that. I think he has good manners. But, I've heard him blame me for wobbling and I know he been thumbing through the Ikea catalogue. It feels heavy when he leaves it on me, and that's not because it so thick with decorating options for every lifestyle.

Hello Friends of Literacy,

The next READING WORDS is coming soon soon soon. Actually, sooner than usual. The next Reading Words will be on Sunday, May 20th. That's right. Not the last Sunday as usual. This month it's the third Sunday, but at the regular time of 7:30 to 10pm at Vade Mecvm cafe.

Also, Vade Mecvm has a new interior set-up, so you will be able to experience its cushy minimalism while enjoying their foods, drinks and greening view of spring as people of various accents stand and let the written word flow from their lips.

Oh, my darling, literacy


We hope everyone, both new and familiar, will be able to join us for the spring session of Reading Words.
Please come and add your voices, eyes and ideas to the mix.

All are welcome
Come and feast your ears!!



And, This Month's Challenge is: Furniture Monologue

Instructions: This month's challenge was inspired by Kent English and is basically to let a piece of furniture have its say. Look at the chair you're sitting on right now. What kind of tales does it have to tell? What are the complaints of that little round table at the Starbucks? What is the secret poetry your futon whispers when it's left out in the sun for airing? Imagine the rant of a deckchair on the Titanic, or of Paul Wolfowitz's throne of Golden Skulls, and write it down.

You get the idea.

And, for our dearly departed folks beyond the Kansai shores, you're welcome to send in challenge submissions which we'll read if time permits.


As well, The Book Swap will be happening. Bring books you've read and loved or hated, and pick up books that tickle your ticklish spots...all for free! Also, CDs, DVDs and other swap-worthy medias are welcome, so bring out those tired tunes, etc. for others to enjoy.

Also, remember you can read stuff and see pictures of very previous events on the Reading Words blog at: http://readingwordskansai.blogspot.com/
(Sorry we have been lazy in keeping it up. We'll try try try to do better.)


And, please spread the word by forwarding this message to any and all. For more info, contact us here at this address readingwords@gmail.com

Below are the event's details.

Hear you on Sunday May 20th!

Jerry Gordon and Amanda Hare
Reading Words

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home