Sunday, April 30, 2006

Marilyn Mendoza (4.23.06)




Excerpt from "I do too" by Hawaii-Jason Luis Riveras book "Sorrows Crows"

Young man

what plan do you entertain

what song

do you sing

within your brain?



without love

what comliness

can be maintained

in what frame

what comparison

would you say

this clarity

would explain

to the sane

the insane

to me

it is all the same

with or without fame

with or without

a lady to entertain



who will enjoy

my lines of rhyme?



Anytime

anytime

Every time

my lie

to you subsides

I cannot cry

though I sigh

and my lines

are sublime

like our life

in the tides of Hawaii



to saddle our horse

one for me and one for thee

the horizon to see

in the deep

purple pink

sunset sky

island sea

island dream

be with me

eternally sing

what the corner of my eyes

thinks to gleam

waterfalls to rinse

out the sea

you and me

in sea

where will we be?

in the sea

Hawaii

you and me

eternally

I'll make you sing

If you would be there with me





226-10-1 Come by Hawaii -Jason Luis Rivera

Words flow

with all its power

as a stage show

in its hour

is a lame doe

left to cower

all alone



as an age known

for two towers

and two planes

go in an hour

smoke and flames blown

tasting sour

lift to roam



tears sown

fear empowers

spirits roam

passing towers

soft goodbyes

left from quick

cordless phones



as the roe

moans and cowers

all alone in that hour

so the homes full of flowers

send their groans

to the throne

all is known

all is known



Love sick fool by Jason -Luis Riveras "Sorrows Crows"

If you should find this love sick fool

strolling through Liverpool

would you stop to just say hi

or would you you keep on

rolling by

would you put on a disguise

and come up close to see my eyes

though I am no one

and your sublime

and time has turned our hearts and minds

will you still remember when

a crumpled paper and a pen

two lonely hearts

alone to blend

could turn this world

into a friend

(some hopeful words to Paul I send)

hoping this is not the end



If the Beatles turn 2

I was born on St. Patricks day

so you must wear green or I'll pinch you

till black turns blue

as asphalt ends

to sail me to emerald green

I'm coming back to you

it's the first thing I'll do

If the Beatles turn 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home