Thursday, April 13, 2006

Marilyn Mendoza (3.26.06)



These are the poems from my sons first published book, "Sorrows Crows"



SORROWS CROWS

Sorrows Crows

In throngs I long to hold

GOD only knows



AS LONG AS THE ROAD IS WINDING

The sun was hot

I was alone

I longed for deaths last breath

to take me home

the road was long

yet still I roamed

filling my pockets full of stones

Hawaiian hills

that lacked the thrill

empty beaches

onward still

The pain that fueled

my quill to spill

the days I long to remember

to forget



ME IN YOU

I'm missing you

miss kissing you

till time is through

and rhymes come true

in songs soo blue

from me

to you

and wrongs of long

that I shall shew

through and through

till I've set my love aglow

from me

to you

till angels sing the songs on wings

and mortals follow through

that I shall stand with rod in hand

and stand beside my pew

and behold it's you

it's you

so come to me my love anew

and stand behind our pew

and sing the signs so true

deep within me

in you

deep in sleep sand slips and creeps

and lands in mounds anew

forever one is two

and two is me in you



UNBOUND

Can't keep me down

Unbound

Chains that surround the ground

Unbound

Tears falling down on the ground

Unbound

Love is the sound that I've found all around

Touch the ground

Unbound



A POET WITHOUT A PEN/LUDICROUS

I gather a letter

one of wanton rends

I'd rather a feather

my lonsesome hearted friend

to the road that has no end

from Japan

to the friend of a friend

salutes and hands

I haven't a pen

dear fans

from heaven to zen



HAWAIIAN RIVER RAN

Hawaiian river ran

rocks my form was bent

deep into the sand

my aimless shot was sent

healing rock that time has spanned

trusty friend my heart would lend

out of place in foreign land

easing broken hearted friend

in a heart within a hand

in a cart that came and went

arms so strong their rise remand

towers gone now past and spent

two towers strong their rise demand

fool and a cart to heal what rent

soothing hearts strong to withstand

casting our lots in cool wet cement

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home